The PhidgetEncoder HighSpeed connects to any typical two-bit optical encoder and can return up to 2,000,000 pulses (that is, 500,000 full quadrature cycles) per second. Specifically it reads a standard incremental non-differential TTL encoder.
The 1057 can be used to measure shaft speed or as a very accurate human input device. If you just need a simple human input device have a look at the 1052- PhidgetEncoder.
With it you can:
- Detect changes in incremental position
- Easily track changes with respect to time
Comes packaged with;
- A 3018 - Mini-USB Cable 180cm
- A 50cm High Speed Encoder Cable
- A Hardware mounting kit (4 nuts and bolts, 4 plastic spacers)