XBee PRO 60mW Chip Antenna Series 1
The Digi XBee 802.15.4 modules are the easiest-to-use, most reliable and cost-effective RF devices we’ve experienced.
The 802.15.4 XBee modules provide two friendly modes of communication – a simple serial method of transmit/receive or a framed mode providing advanced features.
Manufacturer part number: XBP24-API-001
XBees are ready to use out of the package, or they can be configured through the X-CTU utility or from your microcontroller. These modules can communicate point to point, from one point to a PC, or in a mesh network. And, all of the modules sold by Parallax are compatible with one another!
Choosing the right XBee module is best accomplished by taking a look at the XBee Comparison Chart. You only need to choose an antenna style (chip or wire) and power level (2mW for up to 300ft and 60 mW for up to 1 mile).
You need an adapter board for each module. Even if you are communicating point to point without a PC, we still recommend that you always have at least one XBee USB Adapter Board (#32400). With this board you can more easily configure and test the XBee module prior to putting it in a point to point application. Also, always have at least one of our XBee Adapter Boards for each XBee module you purchase.
Because XBee modules operate at 3.3V, Propeller developers will be able to use any XBee module and XBee adapter with any of our Propeller chips. Non 3.3V microcontrollers like the BASIC Stamp will need a 3.3V power supply and signal buffer chip for communication to the XBee module. Parallax will release a BASIC Stamp XBee board in February 2010. This product is the 60mW XBee 802.14.4 Module with chip antenna (Digi Part# XBP24-ACI-001).
Always have at least one of our XBee Adapter Boards (#32403) for each XBee module you purchase.
- Parallax support
- 1200 bps – 250 kbps serial data rate
- 2.4 GHz is accepted world-wide
- 802.15.4 network topology
- Cross-compatibility with other 802.15.4 XBee modules
- Low-power sleep modes
- Multiple antenna options
- Industrial temperature rating (-40C to 85C)
- XBee Adapter Board
- XBee USB Adapter Board
- Remote controlled
- Boe-Bot robot
- Wireless data acquisition
- Remote signal beacon for adventure seekers
- Remote industrial monitoring
- Lighting control
- Keyless entry
- Chip antenna
- Transmit power 60 mW (+ 18 dBm)
- 1200 bps - 250 kbps RF data rate
- 100 ft (30m) indoor/urban range and 300 ft (100 m) outdoor line-of-sight range
- Supply voltage 2.8-3.4V; transmit current 45 mA; receive current 50 mA * Power-down current <10 uA
- 3.3V CMOS UART interface level
- Configured with API or AT commands, local or over the air
- 2.4 GHz frequency band
- (6) 10-bit ADC inputs
- 8 digital I/O