4 x 20 Serial LCD with Piezospeaker (Backlit)
This serial LCDs (liquid crystal displays) can be easily connected to and controlled by a microcontroller using a simple serial protocol sent from a single I/O pin.
The LCD displays provide basic text wrapping so that your text looks correct on the display. Full control over all of their advanced LCD features allows you to move the cursor anywhere on the display with a single instruction and turn the display on and off in any configuration. They support visible ASCII characters Dec 32-127). In addition, you may define up to eight of your own custom characters to display anywhere on the LCD. An onboard piezospeaker provides audible output, with full control over tone note, scale and duration using ASCII characters Dec 208–232.
- Clear 40-pixel characters support ASCII DEC 32-127
- Turn backlighting on or off with a single command
- Eight user-definable custom characters
- Move the cursor anywhere or clear the display with a single command
- Built-in piezospeaker lets you add audible alert tones
- Baud mode selector and adjustable contrast on the back of the display
- Professional-looking text user interface on any microcontroller application
- Easy serial debugging without a PC
- Real-time sensor data output on autonomous robot