2x16 Serial LCD (Backlit)
This display provides basic text wrapping so that your text looks right. You have full control over all of its advanced LCD features, allowing you to move the cursor anywhere on the display with a single instruction and turn the display on and off in any configuration. It directly supports ASCII Dec 32-127, the same visible characters as the BASIC Stamp Editor's Debug Terminal. In addition, you may define up to eight of your own custom characters to display anywhere on the LCD.
This display and many applications and programming examples are featured in the Smart Sensors and Applications Parts & Text Kit (#28029).
This device can be connected to a PC serial port using a MAX232 line driver. The circuit isn't supported by Parallax, but it's possible to make this connection with a few pounds worth of parts.
- Clear 2x16 character display
- Turn backlighting on or off with a single command
- Directly supports ASCII DEC characters 32-127
- Eight user-definable custom characters
- Move the cursor anywhere on the display with a single command
- Baud mode selector and adjustable contrast on the back of the display
- Professional-looking text user interface on any microcontroller application
- Easy serial debugging without a PC
- Real-time sensor data output on autonomous robots
- Power requirements: +5 VDC, 20 mA (light off), 80 mA (light on)
- Selectable asynchronous serial baud rates: 2400, 9600, 19200
- Dimensions: Approx. 1.5 x 3.15 in (38 x 80 mm) NOTE: Board and LCD size and style may vary
- Operating temp range: -4 to +158 â”¬â–‘F (-20 to +70â”¬â–‘C)