2x16 Serial LCD (Backlit)
This display and many applications and programming examples are featured in the Smart Sensors and Applications Parts & Text Kit (#28029).
This device can be connected to a PC serial port using a MAX232 line driver. The circuit isn't supported by Parallax, but it's possible to make this connection with a few pounds worth of parts.
- Clear 2x16 character display
- Turn backlighting on or off with a single command
- Directly supports ASCII DEC characters 32-127
- Eight user-definable custom characters
- Move the cursor anywhere on the display with a single command
- Baud mode selector and adjustable contrast on the back of the display
- Professional-looking text user interface on any microcontroller application
- Easy serial debugging without a PC
- Real-time sensor data output on autonomous robots
- Power requirements: +5 VDC, 20 mA (light off), 80 mA (light on)
- Selectable asynchronous serial baud rates: 2400, 9600, 19200
- Dimensions: Approx. 1.5 x 3.15 in (38 x 80 mm) NOTE: Board and LCD size and style may vary
- Operating temp range: -4 to +158 â”¬â–‘F (-20 to +70â”¬â–‘C)