RN-42 Bluetooth Module
The RN-42 Bluetooth Module provides a reliable low-cost method for creating a wireless serial communication interface between two devices such as a microcontroller, PC, cell phone or another module.
This module can pair up with devices supporting Bluetooth SPP (Serial Port Profile) to establish a serial interface. The RN-42 Bluetooth Module is breadboard friendly and is compatible with all 5 V and 3.3 V microcontroller platforms.
- Fully qualified Bluetooth 2.1/2.0/1.2/1.1 module provides compatibility with many devices
- Low power consumption for long-lasting battery powered projects
- Auto-connect/discovery/pairing modes make connecting to other modules easy
- LED indicators provide visual status of connection/mode
- Voltage jumper selects for use with 5 V and 3.3 V microcontrollers
- Remote control a robot via PC, cell phone or another microcontroller
- Measurement and monitoring systems
- Industrial sensors and controls
- Cable replacement (wireless serial interface)
- 2 x 7 dual row male header with 0.1" spacing
- Jumper selectable default baud rates: 9.6 or 115.2 Kbps
- Command-configurable baud rate from 1.2 to 921 Kbps
- Range: ~ 35–50 feet line of sight indoors*
- Voltage requirements: 5.0 VDC or 3.3 VDC
- Current requirements: ~5 mA sleep; ~15 mA idle; ~20 mA transmit; ~50mA max
- Communication: 5V/3.3V asynchronous serial interface with RTS/CTS flow control from 1.2–921 Kbps
- Dimensions: 2.33” x 1.16” x 0.45” in (59.18 x 29.46 x 11.43 mm)
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)
- This device supports Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP). When connecting to another device please be sure your device supports SPP as well.
- Operating throughput and range may vary depending on environmental circumstances and RF interference.
- Please note that this product is not backwards compatible with the retired Easy Bluetooth module.