Education Development Board - Serial Version
Even if you aren't using our SIC curriculum, the ease of use and expandibility make the BOE an ideal project board for BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller experimentation. With the included a handy power switch and a servo jumper, it surpasses the features of previous BOE versions.
Our BOE programming board does not include a BASIC Stamp 2 module so you will need to purchase one separately or find a starter kit which matches your needs.
Potential options with a BASIC Stamp 2 module (BS2-IC) include the designed-for-education BOE Full Kit and the most comprehensive BOE-based selection, the BASIC Stamp Discovery Kit
- Mechanically interlocked power supply to prevent dual connection of wall-pack and 9-volt battery
- DB9 connector for BS2-IC programming and serial communication during run-time
- P0 - P15 I/O pins, Vdd and Vss connections brought adjacent to 1.375 x 2 in ( 35 x 51 mm) breadboard area
- Female 10-pin dual row connector for optional AppMods
- On-board regulator delivers up to 1 amp of power for larger projects
- Jumper selection of servo power: regulated (Vdd) or unregulated (Vin)
- Three-position power switch allows various powering options for programming without providing power to servo connectors
- Power Requirements: 6 to 9 VDC
- Communication: Serial for Programming
- Dimensions: 3.75 x 2.75 in (95 x 70 mm)
- Operating Temperature: +32 to +185 °F (0 to +70 °C)