DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier, High Current
This breakout board for TI’s DRV8825 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver features adjustable current limiting, over-current and over-temperature protection, and six microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step).
It operates from 8.2 V to 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (rated for up to 2.2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling).
View our full range of Bipolar Stepper motors
- Size: 0.6" x 0.8"
- Weight: 1.6g (without headers)
This product is a carrier board or breakout board for TI’s DRV8825 stepper motor driver; we therefore recommend careful reading of the DRV8825 datasheet (1MB pdf) before using this product.
This product is a carrier board or breakout board for Allegro’s A4988 DMOS Microstepping Driver with Translator and Overcurrent Protection; we therefore recommend careful reading of the A4988 datasheet (1MB pdf) before using this product.
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- 45 V maximum supply voltage
- Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and under-voltage lockout
- Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
- Minimum operating voltage: 8.2 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 45 V
- Continuous current per phase: 1.5 A (without a heat sink or forced air flow)
- Maximum current per phase: 2.2 A (with sufficient additional air cooling)
- Minimum logic voltage: 2.5 V *
- Maximum logic voltage: 5.25 V *
- Microstep resolutions: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32
- Reverse voltage protection?: N
- Bulk packaged: N
- Header pins soldered: N (male header pins are included but not installed)
* This driver works with 2.5 V to 5.25 V logic. It does not take an external logic power supply.