TCS230-DB Colour Sensor
The TCS230-DB can detect and measure a nearly limitless range of visible colors. Applications include test strip reading, sorting by color, ambient light sensing and calibration, and color matching, to name just a few.
The TCS230 has an array of photodetectors, each with either a red, green, or blue filter, or no filter (clear). The filters of each color are distributed evenly throughout the array to eliminate location bias among the colors.
Internal to the device is an oscillator which produces a square-wave output whose frequency is proportional to the intensity of the chosen color. Read the documentation below and check out the Color Matching Demo for more detailed information.
- TAOS TCS230 color sensor
- Adjustable lens
- 2 current-regulated white LEDs
- Motherboard connector: compatible with the MoBoStamp-pe and all future Parallax motherboards
- Power requirements: 5.0 VDC
- Communication: Serial 1-Wire (asynchronous serial)
- Dimensions: 1.37 x 1.37 x 1.18 in (35 x 35 x 30 mm)
- Operating temp range: -32 to +158 °F (-0 to +70 °C)