Scribbler S3 Robot
The Scribbler S3 the perfect place for students and teachers to begin their STEM/STEAM journey.
The robust, easy-to-use S3 robot is simple enough to set up in minutes, and is powerful enough to teach engaging activities throughout the school year. Programming, robotics, and even integrating math and art are all possible with the S3.
The BlocklyProp online tool is the S3 robot’s primary programming environment. Its interlocking blocks with readable text let beginners build programs in an intuitive, visually logical way. The BlocklyProp tool exposes the S3’s encoders to provide control over distance and speed for all possible types of movement.
Pre-made blocks support all of the S3 robot’s sensors, motors. In addition, blocks are included for select accessories that plug into the S3’s Hacker Port. Customize your S3 by connecting a Parallax Standard Servo, PING))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor, or even an XBee RF module if you are an adventurous hacker willing to open the case.
- Fully assembled with a durable shell
- 8 pre-programmed play modes let your Scribbler interact with you, right out of the box
- Easy to program with our free, open-source graphic and text based options
- Built-in sensors for line following, light seeking, object avoidance, and stall sensing
- DC motors with encoders allow for detailed scribbling, maze navigation, and distance control.
- Integrated pen port fits pens up to a standard Sharpie in diameter - The S3 can scribble as it drives
- Speaker plays robot-generated musical notes and sound effects
- Hacker Port gives access to 5 digital I/O pins, two analog pins, 3.3V, 5V, and ground
- Silicone o-ring tires provide good traction without leaving marks
- S3 Li-Po Battery and Programming/Charging Cable included
- Processor: Multicore Propeller P8X32A
- Light sensors: 3 phototransistors
- Line sensors: 2 infrared emitter/receiver pairs, unmodulated
- Object sensors: 2 alternating infrared emitters and one receiver, modulated
- Stall sensors: Motor current monitor, and drive wheel/tail wheel rotation comparison
- Wheel diameter: 8 cm
- Drive wheel encoder resolution: 507.4 counts per revolution
- Power requirements: 3.7 V; 4000 mAh Li-Po battery, included
- Communication: Serial over USB to computer, cable included
- Dimensions: 7.4 x 6.25 x 3.2 in (188 x 158.8 x 81 mm)
- Operating temperature range:+50 to +104 °F(+10 to +40 °C)
Scribbler S3 Open-Source Files - 15.1 MB | updated: 01 Sep 2016 - 9:23 am
Scribbler S3 GUI Software - 9.55 MB | updated: 01 Sep 2016 - 12:33 pm
BlocklyProp Programming Tool - 257.05 KB | updated: 01 Sep 2016 - 2:35 pm
Scribbler S3 Robot Info Poster - 1.33 MB | updated: 31 Aug 2016 - 3:42 pm
Parallax USB Driver Installer - 2.68 MB | updated: 02 Sep 2016 - 5:51 pm
Scribbler Printable Line Following Tracks - 54.57 KB | updated: 28 Sep 2012 - 2:50 pm