ActivityBot 360° Robot Kit
Ready for robotics? The smart little ActivityBot 360° Robot can get you started and take you a long way. It is easy to program visually with BlocklyProp, or in C with simplified libraries.
Feedback 360° High Speed Servos with built-in encoders make for fast, consistent maneuvers. A variety of sensors and components come in the kit.
Its Propeller Activity Board WX features built-in support for audio and wireless upgrades.
- Recommended for ages 14+
Free web tutorials guide you step by step — just follow the checkmarks. First, build your ActivityBot. Then, learn about programming its multicore Propeller chip brain. Start building circuits on a breadboard, then make DIY sensor systems so your robot can navigate on its own.
Tutorial options include BlocklyProp graphical programming or C language with simplified libraries. Choose your preference, or go from one to the other for a strong foundation and progression.
The ActivityBot 360° Robot is ready for tinkering. Add off-the-shelf components, additional sensors, and upgrade kits. The Propeller Activity Board WX sports a mini audio jack and a socket for an optional RF module (not included).
The ActivityBot 360° Robot builds transferable skills in middle school, high school or college robotics, technology, engineering, and programming courses, and is California A-G certified. Recommended for ages 14 and up.
ActivityBot with BlocklyProp Scope & Sequence Spreadsheet
BlocklyProp Visual Programming Tool & FAQ for Schools
SimpleIDE Software for Linux (Propeller C)
Parallax Web tutorial: http://learn.parallax.com/activitybot
Print out version: http://learn.parallax.com/print/book/export/html/675
Simple IDE Software: http://learn.parallax.com/propeller-c-set-simpleide
- (1) - Propeller Activity Board WX (#32912)
- (2) - Parallax Feedback 360° High Speed Servos (#900-00360)
- (1) - PING))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor (#28015)
- (1) - Small Robot Chassis (#700-00022)
- (2) - Small Robot Wheel and Tire (#28114)
- (1) - 1" Tail Wheel Ball (#700-00009)
- (1) - 5 AA Battery Holder (#753-00007)
- (1) - Parallax Screwdriver (#700-00064)
- (1) - Parallax Combination Wrench (#700-10025)
- (1) - USB A to Mini-B Cable (#805-00006)
- (1) - 2 GB microSD card (#32319)
- (1) - Electronics pack with passive components plus light, touch, and infrared sensors
- (1) - Hardware pack with all the screws, nuts, and standoffs needed.