Synapse RF300PD1 with SMA Connector
A module that runs at OTA (Over-The-Air) speeds up to 150Kbps and has a maximum transmission range of 3 miles! Perfect for when you need a separate frequency band when already using 2.4GHz nodes in an application. Just apply power and you've connected a mesh network.
Synapse Wireless provides reliable RF Engines®that support a range of frequencies and bandwidths. These small, low-power, transceiver modules, commonly run in the 915MHz & 2.4GHz spectrums, have a maximum extended range of up to three miles LOS (Line-Of-Sight) and the lowest power consumption in the industry. These RF Engines come pre-loaded with the SNAP® network operating system which allows the nodes to be natively mesh networked. Typical applications include wireless serial port(s), sensor monitoring, actuator control, or an intelligent embedded controller - the possibilities are limitless. Synapse takes 802.15.4 Zigbee/XBee style communication one step further, and makes it smart.
This particular RF module includes a user programmable (via python-based scripts) embedded Silicon Labs Si1000 microcontroller that can be programmed for all kinds of applications including remote sensor monitoring, radio control, and/or peripheral activation. Other notable features include: large transmission distance (3 mile LOS outdoors), wide Low voltage TTL operating range (1.8 - 3.6V), 12 Analog-to-Digital Inputs, 4 Interrupt capable pins, I2C (TWI), SPI, 1 UART, & amazingly low power capabilities (8uA sleep current).
915MHz SMA antenna is not included.
- RF100 footprint compatible, pinout differs
- Embedded Si1000 on-board
- 1 UART port for LVTTL serial control or transparent data
- Socket-able (2mm spacing) or solder-able
- SNAP, instant-on, self-healing, mesh network operating system
- 802.15.4 Protocol at 915 MHz
- Maximum Range of 3 mile LOS outdoors at 150Kbps with SMA antenna
- 24 pins, with 15 general purpose I/O, 12 of which can be 10-bit A/D inputs
- 3 Interrupt capable pins
- I2C communication (Pins 2, 3)
- SPI communication (Pins 6, 7, 8)
- 192k flash memory (64k available for user applications)
- Embedded Python
- Low power mode of
- Can be used stand-alone (no additional microcontroller required)
- Supply voltage: 2.7V~3.6V
- Transmit Current: 85mA (Typ)
- Receive Current: 18.5mA
- Sleep Current: 8uA
- Frequency Hopping (FHSS) technology resists noisy environments