SF02 Laser Rangefinder 40m
Lightware’s SF02 is a lightweight laser rangefinder module that provides fast and accurate distance measurements from 0-40 meters (0 to 130 feet).
This module provides fast and accurate distance measurement using pulse-laser time-of-flight measurements, it is not affected by wind, noise, ambient light, terrain, air temperature, or changes in baromatric pressure.
Using pulsed-laser time-of-flight measurements, the SF02 is not affected by wind, noise, ambient light, terrain, air temperature, or changes in barometric pressure. This sensor works both indoors and outdoors.
For a quick test, simply connect the SF02’s USB port to your computer and open a serial terminal. Set your terminal to 115,200 kbps and distances are immediately available.
- Weight: 69 g (2.43 oz)
- Laser accurately detects surfaces and measures distance up to 40 meters (130 feet) where ultrasonic and infrared distance sensing are inadequate
- Outputs 12 readings per second for quick data refresh
- Supports USB, analog and digital interfaces for a variety of applications
- No calibration required – ready to use right out of the box
- Configurable voltage output and ground/object proximity alarm settings
- Distance detection for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) between craft and ground
- Calculating speed of moving objects or vehicles
- Measuring depth of materials (snow, fluid, sand) from above
- Counting passing objects
- Range: 0 to 130 feet (0 to 40 m) on natural targets
- Resolution: 0.39 in (1 cm)
- Accuracy: ±( 0.1 + 1%) m
- Update rate: 12 readings per second
- Outputs and interfaces: analog, serial and digital
- Power supply voltage: 6.5 V to 9.0 V or 5.0 V ± 0.5 V DC
- Power supply current :150 mA (maximum)
- Laser power: 14 W (peak), 6 mW (average), Class 1M
- Dimensions: 1.1 x 2.3 x 3.4 in (27 x 59 x 86 mm)
- Operating temperature range: 32 to 104 °F (0 to 40°C)
- Approvals FDA: 1310953-000 (2013/12)
- Mounting: 4-40 screw or 4 x M3 (3.2 mm diameter)
- Connections: Screw terminal: 0.1 in. pitch header
The SF02 is a Class 1M laser under Food and Drug Administration Guidelines. Class 1M lasers are considered non-hazardous unless viewed with optical aids including magnifiers, binoculars or telescopes.
As an importer of this laser product, Parallax’s supplier has completed the necessary FDA Dealer and Distributor records in Title 21, Subpart E.