LPG (Propane) Gas
The LPG (Propane) Gas Sensor is used in gas detection equipment for detecting Propane gas in home, automotive or industrial settings.
This sensor is compatiable with all Parallax microcontrollers, and would be a good addition to any projects needing to sense the presence of Propane. Manufacturer datasheet below has more information and circuit recommendations.
- Manufacturer Model MQ-5
- High sensitivity to Propane gas
- Stable and long life
- Simple drive circuit
- Power requirements: 5 VDC @ ~160mA
- Interface Type: Resistive
- Dimensions: 0.75" diameter x 0.65" tall excluding leads (19.1mm diameter x 16.55mm tall excluding leads)
- Operating temp range: -14 to +122 °F (-10 to +50 °C)