CH4 Gas Sensor Module
The CH4 (Methane) Gas Sensor Module is designed to allow a microcontroller to determine when a preset Methane gas level has been reached or exceeded.
- Uses the MQ-2 CH4 Gas Sensor
- Easy SIP interface
- Compatible with most microcontrollers
Interfacing with the sensor module is done through a 4-pin SIP header and requires two I/O pins from the host microcontroller.
The sensor module is mainly intended to provide a means of comparing methane sources and being able to set an alarm limit when the source becomes excessive.
- Sensing high methane gas concentration
- Stand-alone / background sensing
- Power requirements: 5 VDC @ ~165 mA (Sense Mode) / ~5 mA (Standby)
- Interface: 1 TTL compatible input (HSW), 1 TTL compatible output (ALR)
- Dimensions: 1.50 x 1.00 x 1.00 in (38.1 x 25.4 x 25.4 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32°F to +158°F (0°C to +70°C)
Note: Parallax does not provide gas calibration data on the module and such data and alarm setting is the responsibility of the user to define. For information on user calibration please see the documentation.
Precautions: Be aware that high concentrations of methane can be deadly. Always be careful to perform gas tests in well-ventilated areas. This CH4 Gas Sensor Module in not designated for or approved for any application involving health or human safety. This CH4 Gas Sensor Module is for experimental purposes only; Parallax Inc absolves itself of all liability and responsibility associated with the customer’s use of this CH4 Sensor Module and is not responsible for any bodily injury, death, or property damage as a result of using this CH4 Gas Sensor Module.