Pololu Digital Distance Sensor 15cm
This small lidar-based distance sensor detects the presence objects within 15 cm (6″).
- Operating voltage: 3.0 V to 5.5 V
- Current consumption: 30 mA (typical) when enabled, 0.4 mA when disabled
- Maximum range: 15 cm (6″)
- Minimum update rate: 95 Hz (10.6 ms period)
- Field of view (FOV): 15° typical; can vary with object reflectance and ambient conditions
- Output type: digital signal (low when detecting an object, high otherwise)
- Dimensions: 0.85″ × 0.35″ × 0.122″ (21.6 × 8.9 × 3.1 mm)
- Weight: 0.014 oz (0.4 g)
It has a single digital output that drives low when an object is being detected; otherwise, it is high. It works over an input voltage range of 3.0 V to 5.5 V, and the 0.1″ pin spacing makes it easy to use with standard solderless breadboards and 0.1″ perfboards.
This compact sensor is a great way to quickly detect the presence of nearby objects. As long as the sensor is enabled, it takes continuous distance measurements and uses a single digital output to indicate if it detects an object within its detection range. The output is driven low when the sensor detects an object; otherwise, the output is high.
|Size:||0.85" x 0.35" x 0.122"|
|Sampling rate:||95Hz ¹|
|Minimum operating voltage:||3.0V|
|Maximum operating voltage:||5.5V|
|Supply current:||30mA ²|
|Output type:||Digital ³|
2 Typical average current draw when enabled; disabling via the EN pin reduces it to around 0.4 mA
3 Low when detecting an object, high otherwise.
|Pololu Distance Sensor with Pulse Width Output, 50cm Max||
This small lidar-based distance sensor reports the distance of objects up to about 50 cm (20″) away with a pulsed signal similar to a hobby servo control signal.
|Pololu Digital Distance Sensor 10cm||
This small lidar-based distance sensor detects the presence objects within 10 cm (4″).
|Pololu Digital Distance Sensor 5cm||
This small lidar-based distance sensor detects the presence of objects within 5 cm (2″).