Wheeled robots are not only perhaps the most fun introduction to the robotic world, they can also be used to carry out simple practical tasks. They introduce the user not just to the skills needed to build and engineer robots but also the programming required to make them move, carry objects or explore their surroundings.
Various different kits are available allowing you to build 2, 3, 4 wheeled robot types. Some models are based on the popular Arduino microcontrollers and include features like bumper sensors and ultrasonic range finders allowing them to be used for a range of tasks. Aluminium alloy chassis make for robust construction whilst also being easy to assemble. The latest version of the Polou 3pi+ is feature packed and great as coordinated swarm robots and introductory robotics courses.
Some wheeled mobile robots have conventional drive configurations where others use omni wheel systems that mean they can move in any direction by changing the direction and speed of the wheels, all of which are individually powered, without changing their orientation.
Whatever you’re looking for from a wheeled robot there is a choice of types and configurations to meet your needs and plenty of opportunity to customise your choice to carry out specific tasks.
Items 25-31 of 31
- 2WD Mobile Robot Kit£569.99 £474.99
- 3WD 100mm Omni Wheel Mini Robot Kit 10016£596.39 £496.99
- 3WD 100mm Omni-Directional Triangle Mobile Robot Kit£634.55 £528.79
- 3WD 100mm Omni Wheel Robot Kit£638.64 £532.20
- 4WD 100mm Omni Wheel Learning Kit£640.55 £533.79
- 3WD 100mm Omni Wheel Robot Kit£836.40 £697.00
- 4WD 100mm Mecanum Wheel Robot Kit£754.79 £628.99