The Sumovore Mini Sumo Kit
The Solarbotics Sumovore Kit is a strong, modular design with over 500 man-hours of development and 21 prototypes behind it.
Using 6 sensors (with space for more for you to install), the Sumovore tracks opposing robots while staying in the sumo ring!
Also using your Sumovore as a line-follower, or add your own custom programs by using one of the modular microcontroller brainboards available.
- Powerful GM8 gear motors powered by a robust L293D motor driver
- Four opto-reflector edge sensors (fifth edge sensor position available when using microprocessor brainboard)
- Two 38kHz IR emitters and detectors for opponent detection
- 6AA power supply
- Steel frame for easy assembly
- Modular brain boards (discrete brainboard included, BS2 / Atmel / Stamp Stack brainboards extra)
- Discrete brainboard "Anti Sumo-dance" behavior (stops two sumos from spinning around each other)
- Discrete brainboard "Anti edge-ram" behavior (stops dual edge triggers resulting in repeated edge-charging)
- Discrete brainboard offers selectable sumo/line-follower modes
- Multiple trimpots for simple behavior tuning
- Modular front edge sensor / IR transmitter daughterboard
- 345 grams "batteries-in" finished weight (6 x AA batteries not included)
- Powder-coated front Steel (not Aluminum) plates available in several colours
- Multiple wheel colours available
- 32-page detailed instruction document also contains full electronic schematics, both logical and symbolic for custom modifications
- Soldering Required: Yes
- Tools Required: Yes
- Kit Difficulty: 4 out of 5
- Kit Completion Time: 5.00hrs
- Sumovore v2 Documentation - April 14, 2011
- Front plate layout - for customizing your own artwork!
- Sumovore V2 Documentation - January 28, 2008
- Sumovore Brainboard Instructions PDF
- Sumovore Atmel BB code for STK500
- Sumovore Atmel BB code for SP-12 Programming
- Sumovore PIC BB code for use with PIC-C Lite
- Sumovore PICAXE BB code in Basic and Flowchart
- Sumovore BS2 Brain board add-on sample code