Visit the GrovePi Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
GrovePi is a hardware system that helps you connect, program, and control sensors to build your own smart devices. It is built to work with all versions of the Raspberry Pi, a very powerful, yet small computer board about the size of a credit card. Learn more about it on the GrovePi product page.
The GrovePi board connects to the Raspberry Pi to the Grove Sensor System and is a Raspberry Pi Internet of Things Kit. The kit allows you to easily connect hundreds of sensors to the Raspberry Pi.
What’s Included in the Base Kit?
The GrovePi+ Base Kit gets you up and running with the GrovePi quickly. The Raspberry Pi Internet of Things Kit includes:
- GrovePi Board
- GrovePi+ Quick Start Guide
- Plastic Storage Box
- Grove – Sound Sensor
- Grove – Temperature and Humidity
- Grove – Light Sensors
- Grove – Relay
- Grove – Button
- Grove – Ultrasonic Ranger
- Grove – Rotary Angle Sensor
- Grove – LCD RGB Backlight
- Grove – Buzzer
- Grove – Red LED
- Grove – Blue LED
- Grove – Green LED
- Sensor Cables
What’s not included, but required?
- Raspberry Pi (Raspberry Pi 3 recommended, but compatible with any version of the Raspberry Pi)
- Power Adapter (for the Pi 3)
- Ethernet cable (to setup the Pi)
- Computer, or a monitor, mouse, & keyboard
What’s recommended to control remotely?
- GrovePi Case
- Mini Wi-Fi Dongle
- Battery Power Pack
Check out the GrovePi Starter Kit if you’d like the full kit with the Raspberry Pi, Ethernet Cable, SD card, Power Adapter and Wi-Ri Dongle.8 AA Batteries