Free web tutorials guide you step by step — just follow the checkmarks. First, build your ActivityBot. Then, learn about programming its multicore Propeller chip brain. Start building circuits on a breadboard, then make DIY sensor systems so your robot can navigate on its own. Tutorial options include BlocklyProp graphical programming or C language with simplified libraries. Choose your preference, or go from one to the other for a strong foundation and progression.
The ActivityBot 360° Robot is ready for tinkering. Add off-the-shelf components, additional sensors, and upgrade kits. The Propeller Activity Board WX sports a mini audio jack and a socket for an optional RF module (not included).
The ActivityBot 360° Robot builds transferable skills in middle school, high school or college robotics, technology, engineering, and programming courses, and is California A-G certified. Recommended for ages 14 and up. The ActivityBot 360° Robot requires five 1.5 V AA alkaline batteries.
- Free BlocklyProp online graphical programming for Chromebook, Windows, and Mac
- Free C language programming with SimpleIDE software for Windows and Mac
- Propeller Activity Board WX (#32912) makes it quick to integrate sensors, motors, and more
- Feedback 360° High-speed servo motors with built-in encoders make fast, consistent maneuvers
- Plug common electronic parts right into the breadboard or 3-pin headers. No soldering or special connectors needed!
- Parts included for DIY navigation sensors that use touch, visible light, infrared light and ultrasonics
- Built-in SD card slot and included microSD card are ready for data-logging and file storage
- A great hobby kit for exploring robotics, electronics and programming
- An affordable STEM education platform to provide a high robot/student ratio
- Power requirements:
- Five 1.5 V AA batteries (not included) - OR -
- Five 1.2 V NiMH rechargeable batteries (not included)
- Communication: USB 2.0 for programming and serial port debugging
- Dimensions: 4 x 4.5 x 5.7 inches (10 x 14.4 x 11.5 cm) assembled, without sensors
- Operating temperature range: 5 to 158 °F (-15 to +70 °C)
- (1) - Propeller Activity Board WX (#32912)
- (2) - Parallax Feedback 360° High Speed Servos (#900-00360)
- (1) - PING))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor (#28015)
- (1) - Small Robot Chassis (#700-00022)
- (2) - Small Robot Wheel and Tire (#28114)
- (1) - 1" Tail Wheel Ball (#700-00009)
- (1) - 5 AA Battery Holder (#753-00007)
- (1) - Parallax Screwdriver (#700-00064)
- (1) - Parallax Combination Wrench (#700-10025)
- (1) - USB A to Mini-B Cable (#805-00006)
- (1) - 2 GB microSD card (#32319)
- (1) - Electronics pack with passive components plus light, touch, and infrared sensors
- (1) - Hardware pack with all the screws, nuts, and standoffs needed