Pololu 5V, 6A Step-Down Voltage Regulator D24V60F5
This synchronous switching step-down (or buck) regulator takes an input voltage of up to 38 V and efficiently reduces it to 5 V while allowing a typical continuous output current of up to 6 A.
Typical efficiencies of 80% to 95% make this regulator well suited for higher-power applications like powering motors or servos, while high efficiencies are maintained at light loads by dynamically changing the switching frequency, and an optional shutdown pin enables a low-power state with a current draw of a few hundred microamps.
- Input voltage: 5 to 38 V (see below for more details on the regulator’s dropout voltage, which affects the low end of the operating range)
- Fixed 5 V output (with 4% accuracy); this can be lowered by adding an external resistor between FB and VOUT
- Typical maximum continuous output current: 6 A
- Integrated reverse-voltage protection, over-current protection, over-temperature shutoff, soft-start, and under-voltage lockout
- Typical efficiency of 80% to 95%, depending on input voltage and load; the switching frequency automatically changes at light loads to maintain high efficiencies
- 800 μA typical no-load quiescent current; can be reduced to 10 µA to 20 µA per volt on VIN by disabling the board
- “Power good” output indicates when the regulator cannot maintain its set output voltage
- Compact size: 1.6″ × 0.8″ × 0.3″ (40.6 × 20.3 × 7.6 mm)
- Four mounting holes for #2 or M2 screws
- Smaller holes for 0.1″ header pins and larger holes for terminal blocks offer several options for connecting to the board