Pololu 12 Volt 500Ma Step-Down Voltage Regulator
The compact (0.4″ × 0.5″) D24V5F12 synchronous buck voltage regulator takes an input voltage of up to 36 V and efficiently reduces it to 12 V.
While allowing for a maximum output current of 500 mA.
This regulator offers typical efficiencies between 85% and 93% and has a very low dropout, so it can be used with input voltages as low as a few hundred millivolts above 12 V. The pins have a 0.1″ spacing, making this board compatible with standard solderless breadboards and perfboards.
- Input voltage:
- 3 V to 36 V for output voltages of 1.8 V and 2.5 V
- [output voltage + dropout voltage] to 36 V for output voltages of 3.3 V and higher (see below for more information on dropout voltage)
- Fixed 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V, 5 V, 6 V, 9 V, 12 V, or 15 V output (depending on regulator version) with 4% accuracy
- Maximum output current: 500 mA
- Typical efficiency of 80% to 93%
- 500 kHz switching frequency (when not in power-save mode)
- 200 μA typical no-load quiescent current
- Integrated over-temperature and over-current shutoff
- Small size: 0.5″ × 0.4″ × 0.1″ (13 mm × 10 mm × 3 mm)