XBee PRO 60mW Wire Antenna
XBees are ready to use out of the package, or they can be configured through the X-CTU utility or from your microcontroller. These modules can communicate point to point, from one point to a PC, or in a mesh network. And, all of the modules sold by Parallax are compatible with one another!
Choosing the right XBee module is best accomplished by taking a look at the XBee Comparison Chart. You only need to choose an antenna style (chip or wire) and power level (2mW for up to 300ft and 60 mW for up to 1 mile).
You need an adapter board for each module. Even if you are communicating point to point without a PC, we still recommend that you always have at least one XBee USB Adapter Board (#32400). With this board you can more easily configure and test the XBee module prior to putting it in a point to point application. Also, always have at least one of our XBee Adapter Boards for each XBee module you purchase.
Because XBee modules operate at 3.3V, Propeller developers will be able to use any XBee module and XBee adapter with any of our Propeller chips. Non 3.3V microcontrollers like the BASIC Stamp will need a 3.3V power supply and signal buffer chip for communication to the XBee module.
This product is the 60mW XBee 802.14.4 Module with Wire antenna (Digi Part# XBP24-AWI-001). Always have at least one of our XBee Adapter Boards (#32403) for each XBee module you purchase.
- Outdoor range up to 1 mile (1.6 km) line of sight
Indoor range up to 300 feet (90 m)
Data rate up to 250 Kbps
- 2.4 GHz frequency band (accepted world-wide)
- XBee Adapter Board
- XBee USB Adapter Board
Note: Because XBee modules have 2 mm pin spacing, we recommend one of our adapter boards for each module. Our adapter boards provide several advantages to the XBee modules such breadboard-friendly standard 0.1 inch pin spacing, mounting holes, and easy-to-solder connections. Even if you are communicating point-to-point without a PC, we still recommend that you always have at least one XBee USB Adapter Board (#32400) so you can easily configure and test each XBee module prior to putting it in a point-to-point application.
- Remote controlled Boe-Bot robot
- Wireless data acquisition
- Remote signal beacon for adventure seekers
- Remote industrial monitoring
- Lighting control
- Keyless entry
- Wire antenna
- Transmit power 60 mW (+ 18 dBm)
- 1200 bps - 250 kbps RF data rate
- 100 ft (30m) indoor/urban range and 300 ft (100 m) outdoor line-of-sight range
- Supply voltage 2.8-3.4V; transmit current 45 mA; receive current 50 mA
- Power-down current <10 uA
- 3.3V CMOS UART interface level
- Configured with API or AT commands, local or over the air
- 2.4 GHz frequency band
- (6) 10-bit ADC inputs
- 8 digital I/O