Synapse RF200PD1 with SMA Connector
Better than XBee at a comparable cost! This module features the powerful ATmega128RFA1, transmitting on 2.4GHz with OTA (Over-The-Air) speeds up to 2Mbps, maximum 4.8km (3 miles) range and an SMA antenna connector for optimum performance.
XBee is good; Synapse is just better. More I/O, embedded python, and generally better range at comparable cost! Synapse Wireless provides reliable RF Engines®that support a range of frequencies and bandwidths. These small, low-power, transceiver modules, commonly run in the 915MHz & 2.4GHz spectrums, have a maximum extended range of up to three miles LOS (Line-Of-Sight) and the lowest power consumption in the industry. These RF Engines come pre-loaded with the SNAP® network operating system which allows the nodes to be natively mesh networked. Typical applications include wireless serial port(s), sensor monitoring, actuator control, or an intelligent embedded controller - the possibilities are limitless. Synapse takes 802.15.4 Zigbee/XBee style communication one step further, and makes it smart.
This particular RF module includes a user programmable (via python-based scripts), embedded ATmega128RFA1 microcontroller that can be programmed for all kinds of applications including remote sensor monitoring, mesh networking, and/or peripheral activation. Other notable features include: very high communication speeds (up to 2Mbps), large transmission range (up to 3 miles LOS at 250Kps with SMA antenna), wide Low voltage TTL operating range (1.8 - 3.6V), 7 Analog-to-Digital Inputs, 6 PWM Outputs, 9 Interrupt capable pins, I2C (TWI), SPI, 2 x UARTs, & amazingly low power capabilities (1.6uA sleep current).
SMA antenna not included but can be purchased seperately.
- RF100 footprint & pinout compatible
- Embedded ATmega128RFA1 on-board
- 2 x UART ports for LVTTL serial control or transparent data
- Able to be configured to wirelessly program Arduino Uno & Mega 2560
- Socket-able (2mm spacing) or solder-able
- SNAP, instant-on, self-healing, mesh network operating system
- 802.15.4 Protocol at 2.4GHz
- Maximum range performance: 3 mile outdoor range (LOS) at 250kbps
- 24 pins, with 20 general purpose I/O, 7 of which can be 10-bit A/D inputs
- 6 pins configurable for PWM, and 9 Interrupt capable pins
- I2C communication (Pins 19, 20)
- SPI communication (Pins 14, 15, 16)
- JTAG communication (Pins 17, 18, 19 , 20)
- 128k flash memory (58.5k available for user applications)
- Embedded Python
- Can be used stand-alone (no additional microcontroller required)
- Low power mode of 1.6uA with internal timer running
- Supply voltage: 2.7V~3.6V
- Transmit Current: 80mA (Typ)
- Receive Current: 20mA
- Sleep Current: 1.6uA
- FCC certified on all 16 channels (2.4GHz)
- Spread spectrum (DSSS) technology resists noisy environments