IS23SC4442 Smart Card
The IS23SC4442 Smart Card is the size of a standard credit card. The pins of the IS23SC4442 are accessible through the gold plated contact pads embedded in the card. When paired with the Smart Card Reader (#32320) connected to the I/O pins of a BASIC Stamp, Propeller, or other microcontroller, the Smart Card can be used for data storage, security systems, tracking systems, or identity authentication.
We also carry the IS24C16A Smart Card (#32322) and IS24C02A Smart Card (#32323).
- Memory Organization: 256 x 8-bit
- 2.5 ms write time
- 3-byte Programmable Security Code for memory write/erase protection
- 3-bit error counter
- 1,000,000 erase/write cycles guaranteed with 10 year data retention
- Power requirements: 2.7–5 VDC; 3 mA typical active current
- Communication: I2C (CMOS)
- Dimensions:2.5 x 3 in (6.35 x 7.62 cm)
- Operating temp range: -22 to +167 °F ( 30 to +75 °C)
Caution! The IS23SC4442 smart card does have a programmable security code (PSC) to prevent unauthorized erase/write operations to the card. By default, this code is set to $FFFFFF. A 3-bit error counter (EC) is used to track the number of unsuccessful verifications of the PSC. After three unsuccessful attempts, the EC will lock the chip from further access, and data can only be read and never written or erased from the card again. Please refer to the manufacturer’s datasheet for the complete communication protocol.