When the QTI sensor is over a dark surface, the reflectivity is very low; when the QTI is over a light surface, the reflectivity is very high and will cause a different reading from the sensor.
The QTI Sensors were originally meant to sense the outer rim of a SumoBot® ring; however these little line sensors can be very handy for other applications, including line following and maze navigation.
- Capable of analog or digital outputs
- No contact surface sensing
- Unfocused for sensing diffused surfaces
- Daylight filter on sensor
- Easy to interface with any Parallax microcontroller
- Power requirements: 5 VDC
- Communication: Analog output of capacitor decay time depending on level of infrared reflectivity
- Dimensions: 1.25 x 0.37 in (31.7 x 9.4 mm)
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)