Pololu 5V Step-Up/Step-Down Voltage Regulator S9V11F5
The S9V11F5 switching step-up/step-down regulator efficiently produces 5V from input voltages between 2V and 16V.
(Note: it requires an input voltage of at least 3 V to start, but it can operate down to 2 V after startup.)
Its ability to convert both higher and lower input voltages makes it useful for applications where the power supply voltage can vary greatly, as with batteries that start above but discharge below 5 V.
The very compact (0.3″ × 0.45″) module has a typical efficiency of over 90% and can supply a typical output current of up to 1.5 A when the input voltage is around 5 V.
- Input voltage: 2 V to 16 V (note: this regulator requires 3 V to start, but it can operate down to 2 V after startup)
- Typical maximum continuous output current: 1.5 A (when input voltage is around 5 V; the Typical Efficiency and Output Current section below shows how the achievable continuous output current depends on the input voltage
- Power-saving feature maintains high efficiency at low currents (quiescent current is less than 0.2 mA)
- Integrated over-temperature and short-circuit protection
- Small size: 0.3″ × 0.45″ × 0.15″ (7.6 × 11.4 × 3.8 mm)
During normal operation, this product can get hot enough to burn you. Take care when handling this product or other components connected to it.
|Size:||0.3″ × 0.45″ × 0.15″1|
|Minimum operating voltage:||2 V2|
|Maximum operating voltage:||16 V|
|Maximum output current:||1.5 A3|
|Output voltage:||5 V|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||N|
|Maximum quiescent current:||0.2 mA4|
|PCB dev codes:||reg20a|
|Other PCB markings:|
- 1. Without included optional headers.
- 2. Note: the minimum startup voltage is 3V, but the regulator can operate down to 2V after startup.
- 3. Under typical conditions, where the input voltage is close to the output voltage. Maximum output current can be higher when stepping down and lower when stepping up.
- 4. With no load. Actual quiescent current depends on input voltage; it is typically under 100 µA for input voltages less than 7 V.
- 3D model of the Pololu 5V Step-Up/Step-Down Voltage Regulator S9V11F5 (3MB step)
- Drill guide for the Pololu 5V Step-Up/Step-Down Voltage Regulator S9V11F5 (16k dxf) (This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.)