OnRobot Gecko Single Pad Gripper
GRAB & GO – GENTLE BUT FIRM GRIPPING INSPIRED BY NATURE
- No compressed air requirement saves maintenance costs and provides faster payback in as little as 5 months.
- Precise, no-mark gripper technology increases productivity in pick-and-place tasks. No neet to polish the item post pick and place.
- Innovative gecko technology enables gripping of flat, porous objects such as PCBs to extend automation capabilities.
- No requirement for external air supply reduces noise and dust.
The gecko gripping technology was originally developed in the labs at NASA as a tool for collecting defunct satellites and other space junk, as well as applications on the International Space Station. From these lofty beginnings, the Gecko Gripper serves more earthbound purposes – carefully picking up smooth-surfaced items, or items with holes in their surface which cannot be picked up by a traditional vacuum gripper.
The Gecko Gripper uses millions of micro-scaled fibrillar stalks that adhere to a surface using powerful van der Waals forces — the same way that geckos climb. Inspired by nature, the Gecko makes it possible to attach and lift any type of flat and smooth surfaces without compressed air or any external power, using easy gripping technology for Pick & Place applications. Since the Gecko does the lifting without compressed air or any other external power, it gives you a more efficient, cost-effective solution.
|Detatchment time||100-1000||Governed by||robot speed||ms|
|Holds work piece on power loss||Yes|
|IP Classification||IP 42|
|Dimentions (HxW)||69 x 71||mm|
- Grips with gecko-inspired adhesive
- Picks up flat objects without air systems
- Can lift solid, porous or objects with holes
- Instantaneous gripping
- Integrated load sensor for precise gripping
- Range sensor – part presence
- 3 ways to clean the gripping pads: autonomous, robotically and manually
- Dimensions: 146 x 146 x 185 mm
nature-inspired adhesive technology
built-in proximity sensor
unique technology for flat and smooth objects
no external air supply needed
can detect whether a part is present
objects with holes, like pcb can be handled easily
payload of up to 6.5kg