GoPiGo3 Starter Kit
GoPiGo is a robot car!
The Starter Kit includes everything you need to get started from scratch including:
- a GoPiGo Base Kit
- Raspberry Pi 3
- GoPiGo Servo Package
- Distance Sensor
- microSD Card (with Dexter Industries software)
- Ethernet Cable (*Ethernet cable is only for advanced users who want to use Raspbian for Robots instead of the default DexterOS)
Assembly time: 30 minutes
The Raspberry Pi is a capable brain for a robot.
The GoPiGo is stacked on top of the Raspberry Pi without the need for any other connections. Communication between the two occurs over the I2C interface. You can connect motors and sensors to the GoPiGo.
The GoPiGo has 4 ports on it on which various Grove Sensors can be connected. There is an Analog, Digital, Serial and I2C port on the GoPiGo. There is also a connector to connect the Servo motors and another connector to connect upto 3 line sensors on the GoPiGo.
All the motor control and sensor I/O on the GoPiGo is done by an ATMEGA328 microcontroller on the GoPiGo. The microcontroller acts as an interpreter between the Raspberry Pi and the GoPiGo. It sends, receives, and executes commands sent by the RaspberryPi.
In addition, the GoPiGo allows you the Raspberry Pi to access some Grove sensors directly. The Raspberry Pi has an I2C Bus by which sensors connected to the I2C Ports can be directly accessed.
- Operating Voltage: 7-12V
- Current usage:
- 300-500 mA (Idle with the Raspberry Pi Model B+)
- 800 mA-2A (Motors, camera and servo running with the Raspberry Pi Model B+)
- External Interfaces:
- I2C– 1Port
- Serial– 1 Port
- Analog– 1 Port
- Digital/PWM- 1Port
- Motor controller: SN7544
- 2 Optical encoders with 18 pulse counts per rotation
- Wheel Diameter: 65mm
- MCU: Atmega 328