For the beginner to intermediate programmer, this book assumes no knowledge other than basic programming experience in any BASIC or C-like language.
All aspects of the Propeller chip are introduced, from its architecture to using the Propeller Tool IDE for programming in both Spin and assembly language.
The HYDRA hardware is also covered in detail with schematics, descriptions, and tips allowing you to take full advantage of its resources, including the Expansion Port and 128K Game Card.
Numerous demo programs are included for you to use as starting points for your own games.
Here's what's Inside
- Setting up the Propeller IDE
- In depth discussion of the Propeller chip at the register level Spin Language overview and programming
- Assembly Language programming
- HYDRA Architecture and circuit descriptions
- 2D graphics and animation programming
- Game algorithms and software patterns
- Sound programming including PCM techniques
- Input device programing for keyboard, mouse, and game controller
- Optimization techniques for game programming
- Basic physics modeling for games
- Artificial intelligence techniques
- Mathematics for games including vectors and affine transformations
- Dozens of demos showing all topics discussed Over 800 pages!