DST1200_0 Sonar Phidget
- Buy 5 for £26.36 £21.97 each and save 10%
- Buy 10 for £24.79 £20.66 each and save 15%
- Buy 50 for £22.55 £18.79 each and save 23%
- Buy 100 for £20.41 £17.01 each and save 30%
Detect several solid objects up to 10m away in a wide sensing range, or use this Phidget as an ultrasonic range finder.
For applications of spatial awareness and motion sensing, this handy Sonar Phidget is unmatched. It emits pulses of ultrasonic vibration at a rate of up to 10 pulses per second. After each pulse, it "listens" for ultrasonic waves that have reflected off of objects up to 10m away and sends them to your computer via the sensor update event. The Sonar Phidget can detect up to 8 reflections in a single pulse, and will report the approximate distance and strength of each reflected wave. The DST1200 connects to a port on a VINT Hub HUB0000_0
The Sonar Phidget can be used as an ultrasonic range finder. The distanceChange event automatically returns the distance of the strongest reflection whenever new data comes in. This mode is commonly used for obstacle detection in robotics projects.
* - Current consumption varies depending on the selected data interval and whether or not it is running in "quiet" mode. See the technical section of the User Guide for details.
Errata: The enclosure for the DST1200 may state the range as being 220mm to 10m, but it is actually 40mm to 10m, as listed in the specification table.