USB to Serial UART
The USB232R is the latest RoHS compliant, low-cost integrated module for transferring data to / from a peripheral to a host PC.
The module is based on the FT232R USB to serial UART IC from FTDI.
- Single module High-Speed USB Serial UART solution that is based on the
- FTDI FT232R USB IC
- Integrated Type-B USB Connector
- RoHS Compliant
- No external passive components required
- Module can be configured for both External and Bus powered operation.
- On board power switching circuit for high bus powered applications
- 24-pin Dual In-Line Package (Ideal for prototyping)
- Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip - No USB-specific firmware programming required.
- UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits and odd / even / mark / space / no parity.
- Fully assisted hardware or X-On / X-Off software handshaking.
- Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3 Megabaud (RS422 / RS485 and at TTL levels) and 300 baud to 1 Megabaud (RS232).
- 256 byte receive buffer and 128 byte transmit buffer utilising buffer smoothing technology to allow for high data throughput.
- FTDI's royalty-free VCP and D2XX drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.
- In-built support for event characters and line break condition.
- New USB FTDI Chip-ID™ feature.
- New configurable CBUS I/O pins.
- Auto transmit buffer control for RS485 applications.
- Transmit and receive LED drive signals.
- New 48MHz, 24MHz, 12MHz, and 6MHz clock output signal Options for driving external MCU or FPGA.
- FIFO receive and transmit buffers for high data throughput.
- Adjustable receive buffer timeout.
- Synchronous and asynchronous bit bang mode interface options with RD# and WR# strobes.
- New CBUS bit bang mode option.
- Integrated 1024 Bit internal EEPROM for storing USB VID, PID, serial number and product description strings, and CBUS I/O configuration.
- Device supplied preprogrammed with unique USB serial number.
- Support for USB suspend and resume.
- Support for bus powered, self powered, and high-power bus powered USB configurations.
- Integrated 3.3V level converter for USB I/O .
- Integrated level converter on UART and CBUS for interfacing to 5V - 1.8V Logic.
- True 5V / 3.3V / 2.8V / 1.8V CMOS drive output and TTL input.
- High I/O pin output drive option.
- Integrated USB resistors.
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit.
- Fully integrated clock - no external crystal, oscillator, or resonator required.
- Fully integrated AVCC supply filtering - No separate AVCC pin and no external R-C filter required.
- UART signal inversion option. USB bulk transfer mode.
- 3.3V to 5.25V Single Supply Operation.
- Low operating and USB suspend current.
- Low USB bandwidth consumption.
- UHCI / OHCI / EHCI host controller compatible
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
- -40°C to 85°C extended operating temperature range.
Drivers are available which allow FTDI devices to work with the following operating systems:
- Windows XP x64
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows 2000
- Windows ME
- Windows 98
- Mac OS X
- Mac OS 9
- Mac OS 8
- Windows CE.NET (Version 4.2 and greater)