Pololu Dual G2 High-Power Motor Driver 24v14 Shield for Arduino
This shield makes it easy to control two high-power DC motors with your Arduino or Arduino-compatible board.
Its twin discrete MOSFET H-bridges support a wide 6.5 V to 40 V operating range and are efficient enough to deliver a continuous 14 A without a heat sink.
The drivers offer basic current sensing and current limiting functionality, and they accept ultrasonic PWM frequencies for quieter operation.
The Arduino pin mappings can all be customized if the defaults are not convenient, and the motor driver control lines are broken out along the left side of the shield for general-purpose use without an Arduino.
The G2 family of dual high-power motor driver shields features pairs of discrete MOSFET H-bridges designed to drive two large brushed DC motors. They have the form factor of an Arduino shield, so they can plug directly into an Arduino or compatible board, such as the A-Star 32U4 Prime, but they also break out all of the motor driver pins along the left side of the board to enable use as a general-purpose motor driver without an Arduino.
- Size:2.56″ × 2.02″ × 0.38″(1)
- Weight: 18g (1)
|Minimum operating voltage:||6.5 V|
|Maximum operating voltage:||40 V(2)|
|Continuous output current per channel:||14 A(3)|
|Current sense:||0.020 V/A|
|Maximum PWM frequency:||100 kHz|
|Minimum logic voltage:||1.8 V|
|Maximum logic voltage:||5 V|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||Y|
|PCB dev codes:||ash06d|
|Other PCB markings:||0J10698, blank white box|
(1). Without included hardware.
- (2). Absolute maximum; higher voltages can permanently destroy the motor driver. Recommended maximum is approximately 34 V, which leaves a safety margin for ripple voltage on the supply line.
- (3)Typical results at room temperature with both channels running at 90% duty cycle.
Drill guide for the Dual G2 High-Power Motor Driver 18v18 or 24v14 Shield for Arduino (166k dxf) This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.
- Arduino library for the Pololu Dual G2 High Power Motor Driver Shields
- This library for the Arduino makes it easy to interface with Pololu’s Dual G2 High-Power Motor Driver Shields and drive a pair of high-power, brushed DC motors. A sample sketch is included with the library.