Servo Driver with Enclosure
The Actobotics® Servo Controller is a compact 2 channel servo controller that is extremely simple to use while providing some very unique features.
- Weight: 0.17 lbs
- Power Input: 4.8-7.4 Volts
- Servos: 2 Servos
- Dimensions: 3.25” x 1.5” x 0.75”
- Connection Plug: Universal
Connection: Connecting servos can be done in one of two ways:
1. Nearby (via Direct Connect): The servos can simply plug into the row pins on the top of the board just as they would on a receiver or regular servo controller. This option is commonly used when the servos are located near the controller and there’s no need for lengthy wires.
2. Long Distance (via CAT6): A CAT6 cable can be plugged into the CAT6 port and run out to our boosted CAT6 board and the servos would plug into the row pins located on the boosted CAT6 board. This setup is excellent for operating the servos from a long distance and provides a clean and inexpensive way to extend the servo wires.
Customisation:While the servo controller is ready to run right out of the box the PWM signal range can be changed in order to tailor the controller for a specific application. The stock PWM range is set to 1000-2000usec (somewhat standard within the servo industry) which will cause most standard servos to rotate 90 degrees total. If the user wishes to change the range of the servo, the PWM range can be reprogrammed.
Power: The servo controller is capable of handling 4.8-7.4V nominal voltage which can be provided through the 2.5x5.5mm power jack or into the row pins on the top of the board.
Enclosure: The contoured aluminum box provides excellent protection for the board and fits well in the user’s hands. The tapped holes in the back of the box make mounting it to Actobotics® channel (or any other component utilizing the standardized .770” hub pattern) a breeze. The controller comes fully assembled ready to plug in and put to use.