The SoundPAL is a tiny module that plays canned and custom sound sequences. It is completely self-contained, including a microcontroller for generating the sounds and a small speaker for producing them. The SoundPAL interfaces easily to a BASIC Stamp and can play sounds while the BASIC Stamp is busy with other chores.
- Plugs into servo headers, and works with protoboards.
- Virtually goof-proof power sourcing makes it nearly impossible to connect wrong.
- Single-pin interface uses a simple serial protocol to define and initiate sound production.
- Canned tunes and sound effects can be played with simple commands.
- Custom tunes and effects are simple to program using musical notation instead of frequencies.
- Total audio range is 6½ octaves in four different tempos and four playing styles.
- Onboard EEPROM permits saving custom sound sequences for later playback.
- Autoplay feature permits playing a pre-designated EEPROM sequence with only a power supply.
- Compact size: stackable side-to-side with additional modules on 0.1" servo headers.
- Power requirements: 3.3 to 5v
- Communication: Serial
- Dimensions: 15/16 x 3/4 x 1/4 in (24 x 20 x 8 mm)
- Operating temp range: -32 to +158 â”¬â–‘F (-0 to +70 â”¬â–‘C)