The BASIC Stamp 2pe serves as the brains inside of electronics projects and applications that require a programmable microcontroller. It is able to control and monitor timers, keypads, motors, sensors, switches, relays, lights, and more. Programming is performed in an easy-to-learn language called PBASIC.
All vital components (processor, clock source, memory, power regulator) are provided on the BS2pe's tiny PCB; just connect power and go! Projects needing small, permanent soldering area for circuitry may benefit from combining the BS2pe-IC with the BASIC Stamp 2 Carrier Board (#27120) or the Super Carrier Board (#27130).
The BS2pe-IC is useful for those that have previous experience with the BS2p and are building battery-powered or data logging applications. The execution speed is slower than the BS2p and the wake-up interval is less that 1 ms, so battery life is extended significantly.
For customers that require true multi-processing or video generation, we highly recommend the Propeller microcontroller.
- Processor Speed: 8 MHz Turbo
- Program Execution Speed: ~6,000 PBASIC instructions/sec.
- RAM Size: 38 Bytes (12 I/0, 26 Variable)
- Scratch Pad RAM: 128 bytes
- EEPROM (Program) Size: 16 x 2 KBytes; (16 K for source; ~4,000 PBASIC instructions)
- Number of I/O Pins: 16 + 2 dedicated serial
- Current Draw @ 5 VDC: 15mA Run, 150 μA Sleep
- Source/Sink Current per I/O: 30 mA / 30 mA
- Source/Sink Current per unit: 60 mA / 60 mA per 8 I/O pins
- PBASIC Commands: 61
- Package: 24-pin DIP
- Commercial-Rated since Rev. B