BASIC Stamp 2PE Module
The BASIC Stamp 2pe serves as the brains inside of electronics projects and applications that require a programmable microcontroller.
It is able to control and monitor timers, keypads, motors, sensors, switches, relays, lights, and more.
The BASIC Stamp 2pe serves as the brains inside of electronics projects and applications that require a programmable microcontroller. It is able to control and monitor timers, keypads, motors, sensors, switches, relays, lights, and more. Programming is performed in an easy-to-learn language called PBASIC.
All vital components (processor, clock source, memory, power regulator) are provided on the BS2pe's tiny PCB; just connect power and go! Projects needing small, permanent soldering area for circuitry may benefit from combining the BS2pe-IC with the BASIC Stamp 2 Carrier Board (#27120) or the Super Carrier Board (#27130).
The BS2pe-IC is useful for those that have previous experience with the BS2p and are building battery-powered or data logging applications. The execution speed is slower than the BS2p and the wake-up interval is less that 1 ms, so battery life is extended significantly.
For customers that require true multi-processing or video generation, we highly recommend the Propeller microcontroller.
- Processor Speed: 8 MHz Turbo
- Program Execution Speed: ~6,000 PBASIC instructions/sec.
- RAM Size: 38 Bytes (12 I/0, 26 Variable)
- Scratch Pad RAM: 128 bytes
- EEPROM (Program) Size: 16 x 2 KBytes; (16 K for source; ~4,000 PBASIC instructions)
- Number of I/O Pins: 16 + 2 dedicated serial
- Current Draw @ 5 VDC: 15mA Run, 150 μA Sleep
- Source/Sink Current per I/O: 30 mA / 30 mA
- Source/Sink Current per unit: 60 mA / 60 mA per 8 I/O pins
- PBASIC Commands: 61
- Package: 24-pin DIP
- Commercial-Rated since Rev. B
- Power Requirements: 5.5 to 12 VDC (Vin), or 5 VDC (Vdd)
- Communication: Serial (9600 baud for programming)
- Dimensions: 1.20 x 0.63 x 0.15 in (30.0 x 16.0 x 3.81 mm)
- Operating Temperature: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)