Welcome onboard the Coding Express – a creative, intuitive and collaborative way for preschoolers to learn early coding and important 21st century skills!
The new LEGO® Education Coding Express makes it intuitive and fun for preschool children to learn early coding concepts and critical 21st century skills through playful, hands-on learning with LEGO DUPLO® bricks. The new action bricks will make the train come to life as the children place them around the tracks to sound the horn, turn the lights on and off, pause and refuel, change direction and stop the train.
- Age 2-5 years
- 234 LEGO® DUPLO® bricks
- Includes Push & Go train with lights and sounds, motor, colour sensor that interacts with 5 coloured action bricks, and 2 railroad switches
Make your train pause, stop, change direction, sound the horn, and more! Taking the familiarity of a train and combining it with the new action bricks, early learners will learn through play about sequencing, looping, conditional coding, and cause and effect by placing the new action bricks within the train’s track. Each action brick creates a specific action allowing for students to test and redesign ways to problem-solve and work together to get their train to its destination.
The Coding Express solution consists on a Teacher Guide with 8 lessons and video tutorials, a getting started card and building inspiration cards to help you make the most of the solution and creating a collaborative and interactive experience for your early learners. The optional app will unlock even more learning possibilities.
- Teacher guide includes 8 online lessons: 4 lessons use the physical set and 4 lessons use the digital app.
- 6 building inspiration cards to build 12 unique models, introduction guide, large inspirational poster and 8 simple video tutorial.
- 234 LEGO® DUPLO® bricks, including Push & Go train with lights and sounds, motor, color sensor, 5 color-coded action bricks, 2 railroad switches,
- 3.8 meters of toy train track including crossings, stops and 5 traffic signs.
- Free optional app for iOS and Android app included
- App includes 4 themed activities; Journeys, Characters, Music and Maths, that allow preschoolers to collaborate and interact with the physical toy train through a digital medium
- Face-to-face training is available for in-depth understanding of how to successfully implement the Coding Express teaching solution into your teaching
Key learning values
- Conditional coding
- Problem solving