Dynamic Shunt Regulator
Dynamic shunt regulator 5kW Max, 200W Cont, 120V Max, 2.5 Ohm
The SR5K Shunt Regulator is a protection subsystem for dissipating the regenerative energy when braking or drastically reducing the speed of electric motors.
The SR5K has been designed to work in conjunction with a wide variety of power sources and motor controllers.
During braking, the regenerative voltage can equal to or even exceed the supply voltage in some cases depending on the rotational inertia of the mechanical system, causing system failures or permanent damage to the power supply or/and the motor controller.
The SRK5K works by monitoring the system’s supply’s voltage and instantly applying a two-level resistive load during overvoltage conditions to absorb up to 5 kilowatts of excess energy and bring voltages back to safe levels.
- Dissipates Excess Back-EMF and Regeneration voltage to prevent system failure or damage.
- 5000 Watt instantaneous, 200 Watts continuous load capability
- Dual Brake Resistor design.
- Simple adjustment of nine preset shunt voltages thresholds from 12V to 100V
- Automatic threshold voltage detection in Auto-mode
- Overheat protection. Automatically disconnects when resistors are too hot.
- Fast easy connection to unit using Fast-On type connectors and standard crimp style lugs.
- Voltage loop through connections makes the use of “Y” cables unnecessary.
- Solid aluminum base plate for easy mounting and conduction heatsinking.
- Flashing Status Lamp to indicate the operational mode including Overheat, Overvolt, Normal Monitoring, Load On.
- Compact, Low Cost with Simple Operation.