The PIR Sensor detects motion up to 20 feet away by using a Fresnel lens and infrared-sensitive element to detect changing patterns of passive infrared emitted by objects in its vicinity.
Inexpensive and easy to use, it's ideal for alarm systems, motion-activated lighting, holiday props, and robotics applications. The PIR Sensor is compatible with all Parallax microcontrollers; sample BS1, BS2, and SX/B programs and product documentation are available in more information.
- Detection range up to 20 ft
- Single bit output
- Small size makes it easy to conceal
- Compatible with all Parallax micrcontrollers
- Low current draw, less than 100 uA
- Alarm Systems
- Halloween Props
- Motion-activated lighting
- Power requirements: 3.3 to 5 VDC
- Communication: Binary output
- Dimensions: 0.96 x 1.27 in (24.3 x 32.2 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)