The DC Voltage Sensor can easily be mounted using the screw holes, or on a 35mm wide DIN rail for quick installation. The terminal blocks accommodate conductors of up to AWG #16.
The voltage sensor connects to an analog input on Phidgets I/O boards. The formula to translate the SensorValue into Voltage is:
V = SensorValue * 0.2
- Measures DC voltage up to 200VDC
- 0.5% Accuracy
- Isolation Voltage of 2500VDC
- DIN Rail mountable
- Connects to any device with an Analog Input:
Devices with Analog Inputs
|Product #||Name||# of Analog Inputs||Additional Features|
||PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 Mini-Format
||DIP-36 Package for compact and OEM applications, 8 Digital Inputs, 8 Digital Outputs
||Compact USB Dongle Size, 2 Digital Inputs, 2 Digital Outputs
||8 Digital Inputs, 8 Digital Outputs
||PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 w/6 Port Hub
||8 Digital Inputs, 8 Digital Outputs, 6-port USB Hub
||1 DC Motor control, 2 Digital Inputs, 1 Encoder Input
||Single Board Computer, 8 Digital Inputs, 8 Digital Output, 6-port USB Hub
||LCD Character Screen, 8 Digital Inputs, 8 Digital Outputs
|Sensor Output Type
|Input Voltage Min (DC)
||0 V DC
|Input Voltage Max (DC)
||200 V DC
|Measurement Error Max
|Sensor Response Time Max
|Supply Voltage Min
||12 V DC
|Supply Voltage Max
||12 V DC
|Current Consumption Max
|Isolation Voltage (DC)
||2.5 kV DC
|Output Voltage Min
||0 V DC
|Output Voltage Max
||5 V DC
|Recommended Wire Size
||12 - 24 AWG
|Operating Temperature Min
|Operating Temperature Max
This sensor connects to any device with an Analog Input.
You can use the 3002 - Sensor Cable 60cm or the 3004 - Sensor Cable 350cm to connect the DC Voltage Sensor to your Phidget. Just snip off the connector from one end of the sensor cable and connect the white wire to the terminal marked with an 8, and the black wire to the terminal marked with a 6. The red wire is not used. You can also use a 3031 – Female Pigtail.
This is how you connect the 3509 to a Phidget Board that does not have 12V power supply, such as the 1018 or 1203, using a Sensor Cable.
- Connect the Power Supply +12V wire (the wire with the white line) to the voltage sensor terminal 5 (+12V).
- Connect the Power Supply Ground wire and the Analog Sensor Cable Black wire to the voltage sensor terminal 6 (-).
- Connect the sensor cable white wire to the voltage sensor terminal 8 (+).
- Connect the positive wire from your voltage source to the voltage sensor terminal 1 (IN+).
- Connect the ground wire from your voltage source to the voltage sensor terminal 3 (IN-).
For boards that have power input, such as the 1019 or the 1072, if the supplied power is 12V, then the + terminal block on the Phidget Board can be connected to the voltage sensor terminal 5 (+12V), and the G terminal block on the Phidget Board can be connected to the sensor terminal 6 (-).
Recommended Power Supplies