Note that the standard detecting distance is based on a standard shape approaching the sensor in a standard way. The real detecting distance will vary depending on the shape, thickness and type of material being detected.
You can adjust the operating distance by turning a screw placed on the side of the sensor.
- Detects Metal, nonmetal materials (liquid, powder and granular materials)
- Standard Detecting Distance: 8mm
- Normally Open>
- DC wire output
- Requires a 12 to 30VDC Power Supply
This sensor connects to a Digital Input on any of the following products:
- 1018 - PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8
- 1019 - PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 w/6 Port Hub
- 1202 - PhidgetTextLCD
- 1203 - PhidgetTextLCD
- 1070 - PhidgetSBC
- 1012 - PhidgetInterfaceKit 0/16/16
- 1060 - PhidgetMotorControl LV
- 1063 - PhidgetStepper Bipolar 1-Motor
This is how you connect the 3524 to a Phidget board that does not have 12V power such as the 1018, 1012, 1202, and 1203 using our 12VDC Power Supply:
- Connect the +12 wire from the Power Supply (that's the one with the white line) to the 3524 Brown wire.
- Connect the 3524 Black wire to a Digital Input on the 1018.
- Connect the Power supply Ground Wire and the 3524 Blue wire to the Digital Input Ground connector on the 1018.
Note: When the 3524 is connected to a 1012, it will behave as a Normally Close (NC) sensor instead of Normally Open (NO).
For boards that have power input, if the supplied power is within 12-24VDC, the +V line can be connected to the terminal block, powering the sensor from the Phidget. The 1019, 1070, 1060 and 1063 all accept external power.
Comes packaged with:
- 2 plastic rings
- A screwdriver