Proximity sensors are used to detect the presence (but not measure the distance) of a particular type of object.
IR proximity sensors will detect any opaque object, capacitive proximity sensors will detect metals and some liquids or powders, inductive proximity sensors also detect metals, and magnetic proximity sensors will detect ferromagnetic objects.
These types of sensors are ideal for keeping track of the position of an object. For example, you could embed a magnetic proximity sensor inside your door frame and put a magnet in the edge of the door to detect whether the door is open or closed.
View as Grid List
- 1108_0 Phidget Magnetic Sensor£8.57 £7.14
- 1145_0 5V to ±12V Sensor Adapter£13.46 £11.22
- Beam Break Phidget£12.24 £10.20
- 3523_0 Lanbao Capacitive Proximity Sensor 8mm£48.55 £40.46
- 3524_0 Lanbao Capacitive Proximity Sensor 15mm£69.36 £57.80
- 3525_0 Photoelectric Proximity Sensor 10m£72.90 £60.75
- 3528_0 SN04-N Inductive Proximity Sensor 5mm£13.87 £11.56
- 3560_0 Magnetic Contact Switch BR-1014£3.50 £2.92
- 3561_0 Roll Ball Switch BR-1131£3.50 £2.92
- 3562_0 Mini Magnetic Contact Switch BR-2023£3.50 £2.92
- 3563_0 Micro Switch SPDT (Bag of 2)£2.77 £2.31
- 3564_0 Roller Micro Switch SPDT (Bag of 2)£4.16 £3.47