30 Watt Solar Panel Kit
This is not another solar demonstration toy! It is a true “kit”—you assemble it from a pile of raw parts—and when you’re done, you will have a solar panel that produces a substantial amount of electrical power.
In fact, the energy produced per square foot is comparable to many commercially available solar panels. And, when you permanently seal the panel, it can withstand the outside elements as well.
Our demonstration videos (below) show you how to properly handle and solder the delicate cells and their wiring interconnections.
- Array of 12 commercial-grade 125 mm (~5"), 2.5 watt, 16.75% efficiency monocrystalline solar cells
- UV stabilized polycarbonate base and cover panels provide outdoor durability and high light transmission properties without the fragility of glass or brittleness of acrylic
- Custom-milled base panel with a protective recess for each cell simplifies assembly
- Daisy-chain multiple units together for higher voltage/current/power output
- (13) pack of solar cells (one extra!)
- Polycarbonate base and cover panels
- Flux pen
- Cell tabbing wire
- Adhesive backed flat copper bus-bar wire
- Polycarbonate cement
- Disposable gloves
- (2) plywood "Cell Workbenches"
- Single Cell Replacement
- 6-Pack Cell Replacements
- 13-Pack Cell Replacements
- Portable power for camping, remote monitoring, and control systems
- Fixed power station for off-grid energy production
- Mobile robotics and solar charging stations
- Maximum Power output: 6 VDC @ 4.9amps (approx. 30 watts max.)
- Dimensions: 60.45 x 40.12 x 0.95 cm assembled
Note: Soldering required! (See the product document below for the full list of additional tools you will need.) Budget about 8 to 12 hours to complete the assembly process for your first panel.
Once you have mastered the technique, your next panel will go much faster. See the product documentation below for the list of additional tools needed and the complete step-by-step assembly process.