The QTI sensors mount underneath the front of the Boe-Bot chassis, and can be positioned to adjust to different width lines.
The application in this kit uses four QTI sensor/mounting hardware sets, arranged to follow 3/4-inch black electrical tape on white poster board.
Learning to use the QTI is easy with the illustrated instructions and example BASIC Stamp code included below written by Andy Lindsay, author of Robotics with the Boe-Bot.
- Designed for close proximity Infrared Detection using reflective object sensors
- Use as a digital sensor array to detect black lines in order to follow electrical tape courses or navigate mazes Use as an analog sensor to detect shades of gray
- Challenge your friends by setting up Boe-Bot line following competitions!
This kit includes all the circuit and sensor hardware you need to add QTIs to your Boe-Bot:
- (4) 10 k 1/4 watt resistors
- (4) 3-pin male-male headers
- (4) QTI sensor modules
- (4) 3/8" 4-40 pan-head screws
- (4) nylon washers
- (4) 1" round standoffs
- (4) 7/8 inch 4-40 pan-head screws
- (4) ½ inch round spacers
- (2) bags of 10 3" jumper wires
- (4) 10 inch servo cable extenders Printed 6-page documentation (view it below)
You will need to supply your own Boe-Bot, white poster board, and black electrical tape.