Parallax USB to Serial (RS-232) Adapter with Cable
Parallax has designed a USB to Serial (RS-232) adapter that is compact and economical to provide a Virtual Com Port for all of our products that have a DB9 (9-pin) serial connector.
- Cable included.
Updated FTDI USB drivers for Windows are included in the latest versions of Parallax programming environment software packages. You may also download the Windows drivers separately from our site, or drivers for other operating systems directly from FTDI.
- USB Version 1.1 and 2.0 compatible
- Connects to your computer with a USB A to Mini-B cable (included)
- DB9 male socket to connect to your board's serial programming and debugging por
- Regulated 5 V from USB port or powered hub.
- Communication: Full speed USB, full duplex serial from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud.
- Dimensions: 1.7 x 1.2 x 0.5 in (51 x 16 x 12 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)
Easy to Use:
- Install one of the Parallax programming software environments
- Or, download the USB drivers separately (see Downloads below)
- Connect the USB to Serial Adapter to your PC with a USB A to Mini B cable
- A message from your system tray will say your hardware is installed and ready to use (Windows)
- Connect the adapter to your device's DB9 connector