Professional Development Board
A wide variety of typical I/O (LEDs, LCD interface, buttons, etc.) devices and circuitry are built into the PDB, providing the developer with an ideal platform for rapid microcontroller project development.Three sets of sockets are provided that allow the PDB to accommodate the BS1-IC module, the 24- or 40-pin BASIC Stamp modules, the 24-pin Javelin Stamp module, as well as the SX28AC/DP Microcontroller with an SX-Key.
The SX28 socket is mechanically separated from the other modules and allows the SX28AC/DP to run with all BASIC Stamp and Javelin Stamp modules except the BS2p40.
- 40-pin DIP socket (for all BASIC Stamp 24/40-pin and Javelin Stamp modules)
- 14-pin SIP socket (for BS1-IC)
- 28-pin “skinny” DIP socket (for SX28AC/DP)
- 2.1 mm, center-positive connector for DC power
- 16 discrete blue LEDs
- Five blue 7-segment (with decimal point), common-cathode LED displays
- Parallel LCD (available separately) may be configured in 4-bit or 8-bit mode
- Two servo-compatible headers
- Two 10k Ohm potentiometers
- Audio amplifier with built-in speaker; with switch for external speaker
- L293D high-current driver for motors, solenoids, etc.
- Eight, normally-open pushbuttons (I/O lines protected, and pulled-up to Vdd via 10K) Eight DIP switches (I/O lines protected, and pulled-up to Vdd via 10K)
- Pulse generator with selectable frequency (1 Hz, 10 Hz, 100 Hz, or 1 kHz)
- RJ-11 connector; configurable for X-10 and 1-Wire® communications
- RS-232 DCE port with MAX232E transceiver
- DS1307 (I2C®) real-time-clock with 3v back-up battery (pre-installed)
- Power Requirements: 6-12 VDC (1 A power supply recommended, 65 mA quiescent current)
- Communication: RS-232 DB-9 female connector (#28031 required for USB connection)
- Dimensions: 9 x 5.25 x 1 in (227.5 x 132.5 x 25.4 mm)
- Operating Temperature: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)