Basic Analog and Digital Text, v1.4
Analog to digital (A/D) and digital to analog (D/A) conversion make it possible for a digital device, like the BASIC Stamp 2, to both measure and control "real world" values such as voltage, light level, and frequency.
The BASIC Analog and Digital experiments introduce PBASIC commands for A/D conversion with resistor/capacitor circuits, interfacing an ADC0831 8-bit A/D converter, scaling analog outputs into meaningful digital values, analyzing time-varying signals, and using PWM as analog output.
This Stamps in Class text is an excellent companion or sequel to What's a Microcontroller?
- Building a comparator
- Building a simple digital DC voltmeter
- Building a resistive ladder network for D/A conversion
- Recording and displaying frequency and light data
- D/A conversion with pulse width modulation
Note: Completing the activities in this text require the Basic Analog and Digital Parts Kit and a Board of Education Full Kit (serial #28103 or USB #28803).
It is also compatible with the HomeWork Board included in the BASIC Stamp Activity Kit (#90005)
- Publisher: Parallax Inc.
- ISBN 10: 1-928982-04-2
- ISBN 13: 978-1928982-45-6
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 8.5 in (19 x 21.6 cm)
- Printing Details: Spiral-bound softcover, 164 pages, Black & White