LPG Gas Sensor Module
Interfacing with the sensor module is done through a 4-pin SIP header and requires two I/O pins from the host microcontroller.
The sensor module is mainly intended to provide a means of comparing propane sources and being able to set an alarm limit when the source becomes excessive.
- Uses the MQ-5 LPG Gas Sensor
- Easy SIP interface
- Compatible with most microcontrollers
- Power requirements: 5 VDC @ ~175 mA (Sense Mode) / ~5 mA (Standby)
- Interface: 1 TTL compatible input (HSW), 1 TTL compatible output (ALR)
- Dimensions: 1.50 x 1.00 x 1.00 in (38.1 x 25.4 x 25.4 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32°F to +158°F (0°C to +70°C)
Note: Parallax does not provide gas calibration data on the module and such data and alarm setting is the responsibility of the user to define. For information on user calibration please see the documentation.
Precautions: Be aware that high concentrations of propane can be deadly. Always be careful to perform gas tests in well-ventilated areas. This LPG Gas Sensor Module in not designated for or approved for any application involving health or human safety. This LPG Gas Sensor Module is for experimental purposes only; Parallax Inc absolves itself of all liability and responsibility associated with the customer’s use of this LPG Sensor Module and is not responsible for any bodily injury, death, or property damage as a result of using this LPG Gas Sensor Module.