Make your train pause, stop, change direction, sound the horn, and more! Taking the familiarity of a train and combining it with the new action bricks, early learners will learn through play about sequencing, looping, conditional coding, and cause and effect by placing the new action bricks within the train’s track. Each action brick creates a specific action allowing for students to test and redesign ways to problem-solve and work together to get their train to its destination.
The Coding Express solution consists on a Teacher Guide with 8 lessons and video tutorials, a getting started card and building inspiration cards to help you make the most of the solution and creating a collaborative and interactive experience for your early learners. The optional app will unlock even more learning possibilities.
- Teacher guide includes 8 online lessons: 4 lessons use the physical set and 4 lessons use the digital app.
- 6 building inspiration cards to build 12 unique models, introduction guide, large inspirational poster and 8 simple video tutorial.
- 234 LEGO® DUPLO® bricks, including Push & Go train with lights and sounds, motor, color sensor, 5 color-coded action bricks, 2 railroad switches,
- 3.8 meters of toy train track including crossings, stops and 5 traffic signs.
- Free optional app for iOS and Android app included
- App includes 4 themed activities; Journeys, Characters, Music and Maths, that allow preschoolers to collaborate and interact with the physical toy train through a digital medium
- Face-to-face training is available for in-depth understanding of how to successfully implement the Coding Express teaching solution into your teaching
Key learning values
- Conditional coding
- Problem solving