Education Development Board - Serial Version
The Board of Education (BOE) was originally designed in coordination with our educational customers to teach microcontroller programming and this remains today as the most popular application. The majority of the Stamps in Class student guides (i.e. Robotics with the Boe-Bot) requires a BASIC Stamp® 2 module with a Board of Education carrier board.
Even if you aren't using our SIC curriculum, the ease of use and expandibility make the BOE an ideal project board for BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller experimentation. With the included a handy power switch and a servo jumper, it surpasses the features of previous BOE versions.
Our BOE programming board does not include a BASIC Stamp 2 module so you will need to purchase one separately or find a starter kit which matches your needs.
Potential options with a BASIC Stamp 2 module (BS2-IC) include the designed-for-education BOE Full Kit and the most comprehensive BOE-based selection, the BASIC Stamp Discovery Kit
- Mechanically interlocked power supply to prevent dual connection of wall-pack and 9-volt battery
- DB9 connector for BS2-IC programming and serial communication during run-time
- P0 - P15 I/O pins, Vdd and Vss connections brought adjacent to 1.375 x 2 in ( 35 x 51 mm) breadboard area
- Female 10-pin dual row connector for optional AppMods
- On-board regulator delivers up to 1 amp of power for larger projects
- Jumper selection of servo power: regulated (Vdd) or unregulated (Vin)
- Three-position power switch allows various powering options for programming without providing power to servo connectors
- Power Requirements: 6 to 9 VDC
- Communication: Serial for Programming
- Dimensions: 3.75 x 2.75 in (95 x 70 mm)
- Operating Temperature: +32 to +185 °F (0 to +70 °C)